Monday 28 July 2014

Back to Fabrics.

 I've had bits of this quilt cut out for years, literally. I'm not a quilter but I took part in a weekend workshop to make this design and then never got further than cutting and joining some of the patterned hexagons.
 I have decided to clear the decks of unfinished objects in order to take part in a new challenge, one much more to my liking! After one afternoon of sewing I realised that this is going to take ages to finish.
What to do?
 A cheat's version of the design to make it grow more quickly...use strips of plain fabric to separate the patterned rows.
I think that it will look O.K. when it's all done, but it's really a bit of a poor job. Still better to have it finished with cheating than never to have it finished! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

2 comments:

Digitalgran said...

The added strips will make it even more interesting Sue.

mycamerandme365 said...

Thanks Mags, I hope so!