Sunday 8 February 2015

Variations on a Theme.

I've been carving stamps based on the central circle of the original sun print spiral design.. I will use them with the gelatine plate so that they don't have to be as perfect as they would have to be to use as stamps on paper....thank goodness, as they are pretty rough and ready. I've mounted them onto scrap pieces of Perspex to use, as that way I can see exactly where I'm stamping. Note the black marks for the mid line of each stamp. Each one measures around 7.5 cm, so they are quite large.

4 comments:

Mary said...

They look great. They almost look ready to hang as is!
I am always interested in what you are going to be doing, then what you will do with the fabric. Thanks for the inspiration.

mycamerandme365 said...

Thanks, and you're very welcome Mary. This project is taking a long time to come to any conclusion!

Mary said...

Long conclusions are my thing - it is good to see someone just experimenting and not having to produce, produce, produce.

dorothypandorasbox said...

Like the look of these. Well done you. :-)