Monday 28 September 2015

New Work.

 I'm not quite sure what prompted me to start this piece, except that I already had a frame with a blue border to the matt board and so I thought that I might sew something especially to make use of a spare frame. Well, it wasn't exactly spare, I removed an old art piece from the frame that never worked very well. Here I've scanned an old piece of screen printing that again never worked, and started Photoshopping  the image. All the little butterflies are added individually to the background screen print which was originally green and red!
Here I've printed the image onto fabric and with 2 different variegated threads I've sewn random  small circles all over the area that wasn't covered by the butterfly 'bubbles'. Not sure what comes next, as I need a focal point, but I don't want to introduce another colour. Thinking........

2 comments:

Mary said...

Don't you hate that thing - thinking! Sometimes it is good but often it is stressful. I hope yours is good.

mycamerandme365 said...

Yes, it was good Mary, just that touch of the complimentary I reckon.