Tuesday 1 December 2015

Under Siege!

 The council in its wisdom has decided to re- curb and re-surface our road. This means lifting thousands of old bluestone blocks, re-laying them and cementing them into place before spreading the new asphalt.
This means that every property has to have a new concrete driveway 'apron' and a new storm water outlet pipe and exit. During the time that this takes, for the preparatory work and for the concrete to dry, we are trapped in our homes.   Well, not really as we all got our cars out into another street before it all began, but it feels as if we are under siege with the noise of the concrete trucks, the diggers the backing trucks and the soil rammers.  I can't wait for it all to be done!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Just saw that you won a prize at the Fire Station pint studio. Congratulations! That might make you feel happier, I hope.

mycamerandme365 said...

Thanks Mary, I was at the opening on Wednesday night but they forgot to mention me or to pin up the certificate! Anyway, I wasn't at all put out, and they gave me a bottle of very nice champagne on Saturday.