Saturday 22 October 2016

Stamp Carving.

 A small fallen branch of a banksia was the image that I wanted to make into a stamp today. I had already carved the leaves some time ago, so it was just the branch that I wanted to work on.
                  The first very rough outline of the branch with the inspiration beside me.
 The first image from the cut out Soft-Cut stamp. As you can see there is quite a bit to work on, particularly the fine ends of the twigs which need to be cut away.
 It's easier to do the fine trimming with something to support the stamp, and luckily I had a piece of waste plastic which suited very well.
 I tried the first stamped image with a banksia cone that I had already carved some time ago, but it's too big for the leaves and branch. I might have to carve another similar but smaller one.
In the meantime I used an immature cone from another stamping session. The scale is much better.

No comments: