Tuesday 4 July 2017

Where to Next?

 I printed out the various water patterns onto paper, so that I could cut them up and move them around rather than using the expensive commercially treated fabric versions. First, I cut them all narrower and shorter, placing them on a plain painted background of Lutradur. I do intend printing this piece with my cracked mud stamp eventually, but it's early stages yet. Seven different patterns is definitely too many.
                     Hmmm, six is better, but nothing about the work grabs me just yet.
                         Definitely better over the cracked mud print, but still nothing is working.
                                            Cutting the patterns into puddle shapes is better.
                      Overlapping the cracked mud sheets and extending onto the plain piece.
A staggered layout is more appealing, but I still don't like it at all. I think that the contrast between the cracked mud and the water is too high perhaps......................back to the drawing board I think.

No comments: